|1. Install Centos5 from DVD or CDROM configure the entire disk
2. Configure your Fully Qualified Hostname, IP address and Gateway, DNS details
3. Setup your root password
4. Setup the software. Select Server only and Customize Now
Select only the following components:
Text base Internet
System Tools5. The system will now install and will required CDs 1-6.
6. Once the system reboots disable firewall and SElinux.
7. Make sure your /etc/hosts file has the line:
IP address FQDN hostname (i.e. 184.108.40.206 mail.domain.com mail).8. Reboot the system (for changes to take effect).
9. Then run yum update to my sure your system is fully up to date.
10. Reboot the system.
11. Next remove sendmail by running yum remove sendmail.
12. Next install some required files by running the following command:
yum install openssl097a compat-libstdc++-296 compat-libstdc++-33.
yum install compat-db (to Get Spell Server to Start)13. Edit the /etc/sudoers and comment out “defaults requiretty” (put # in front of it).
14. Edit the /etc/sysconfig/i18n and delete the line LANG=”en_US.UTF-8”.
15. Reboot the system.
16. Then run yum install fetchmail.
17. Run the command setup then system services and un-tick the following services.
Exim (If left running will block port 25)
18. Reboot the system.
added yum install compat-db (to Get Spell Server to Start)
If you would like to screen capture for install , you can see from http://www.itwizard.info/technology/linux/zimbra/install_zimbra_fc5.html (Thai language) but it’s install on fedora core 5.
Other than, I found big problem , I must to install&config my DNS Server on this server too. I used to config Bind software on Linux Redhat 9 that is a version 8, but on CentOS5 it’s bind version 9. (I will show how to config DNS on next post.)
New feature on bind 9 , it has “view” that help you grouping of reverse&forward address.